SJU Plan Application for Maguire Campus
- March 31, 2011: Letter of Approval and Conditions for SJU's Preliminary Plan (PDF, 717KB)
- March 23, 2011: Building and Planning Committee Agenda and Exhibit A
- March 11, 2011: Time-out called again on SJU playing-field plan (Main Line Times)
- March 9, 2011: Building and Planning Committee recommended approval and conditions of approval
- January 2011: Preliminary Land Development plans (70MB, 44-page)
SJU Special Exception Relief for an "Expansion"
- November 18,2010: ZHB decision and Full document
- September 2010: MCC Proposed Finding of Facts (brief to ZHB)
- September 2010: SJU Proposed Finding of Facts (brief to ZHB)
- July 20, 2010: Revised application for special exception
- July 20, 2010: Slightly modified baseball field layout
- February 16, 2010: SJU "The Hawk" Staff Editorial: Students need a say in Maguire use
- November 21, 2009: "The following information about the James J. Maguire Campus (formerly Episcopal Academy) is offered as a public service by Saint Joseph’s University": ad in Main Line Times
- June 18, 2009: (Main Line Times) "New request filed for St. Joe’s ball fields"
- June 10, 2009: SJU files application for Special Exception Relief with Township's Zoning Hearing Board
- June 10, 2009: SJU Special Exception application "Statement of Use"
- June 10, 2009: SJU Special Exception application "Site Plans"
Zoning Hearing Board Appeals
- December 31, 2009: Montgomery County court (Judge Tilson) rejection of SJU's appeal against Lower Merion Township
- April 28, 2009: (Philadelphila Inquirer) St. Joe's seeks building permission through courts and zoning
- April 24, 2009: SJU's appeal in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County
- March 26, 2009: Decision on Appeal No 4166 by Saint Joseph's University
- March 26, 2009: Decision on Appeal No 4167 by the Merion Community Coalition
- Sept. 26, 2008: SJU's Brief in support of Zoning Officer's determination
- Sept. 26, 2008: MCC's Brief To Zoning Hearings On Appeal of Zoning Officer's determination
MCC In The News
- October 13 (Main Line News): "Postponed St. Joe's decision likely Ken Aaron's last as ZHB chairman"
- May 15 (Main Line News): "Reader’s Response: ‘Imminent domain’ and the St. Joe’s dispute in Lower Merion"
- April 30 (Dom Giordano, 1210AM The Big Talker): "Dom Time: Montgomery Co. vs. St. Joe's" with Lauren Wylonis
- April 25 (Philadelphia Inquirer, MCC): Letters: Merion neighbors are playing by the rules Regarding "Bad sports - April 20"
- April 23: St. Joe's to appeal LM zoning
- March 27 (Philadelphia Inquirer, Derrick Nunnally): "A hitch for St. Joe's athletic fields
- March 27: Round One goes to residents; St. Joseph's expansion on hold Main Line Times
- March 26: (Joelle Farrell) : "Neighbors fear St. Joe's sports plans" Philadelphia Inquirer
- March 18: (Cheryl Allison) "Tensions mount among Merion neighbors as they await LM Zoning decision" Main Line Times
- October 29 (SJU "The Hawk"): "Merion Coalition pushes municipal authorities for due process"
- September 10: (Cheryl Allison) "Merion neighbors say 'whoa' to St. Joe's" Main Line Times
- Carla, "Bravo, Merion Community Coalition, Bravo" Save Ardmore Coalition September 18, 2008
- September 23 (Main Line Life, Cheryl Allison): "Residents hope St. Joseph's has learned its lesson" Main Line Life
Latest MCC/SJU Communications
- July 2, 2009: Letter by Joan Chrestay, Vice President for External Affairs, Saint Joseph’s University Philadelphia
- March 31, 2009: MCC Press Release
- February 5, 2009: MCC's letter to SJU February 2009
- February 13, 2009: SJU's response to MCC's letter
Other Documents of Interest
- July 2009: Philadelphia Inquirer Editorial "Fake Fields, real risk" ("There are other unresolved worries about synthetic surfaces")
- March 2009: Merion Civic Association (MCA) Resolution that supports the efforts of the MCC
- August 2008: Sound Analysis and Report by Prof. Carr Everbach, MCC Sound Engineer Expert